Quantcast

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pre Pub Book Buzz -- Matched by Ally Condie

Whew. This has been a long week. Slow reading on my part, but I'm taking a break to dive into Ally Condie's new teen release, Matched. I read about half last night before falling asleep and it's fabulous. It's a good thing my sisters haven't heard of it yet, or they'd be nagging me already!

Matched had been getting huge buzz this year. BEA folks were all over it, so of course I've been keeping an eye out for it as well. Then it was offered up as part of the Breathless Reads promotion, so I lucked out with an early copy.

Matched is set for release on November 30. I'd recommend preordering it if you're a fan of YA dystopian fiction -- or if you have a voracious teen reader like the Junior Junkies in your house!

Here's the description from the official web site:

In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow — between perfection and passion.


Check out Ally Condie's page and the official Matched page for and excerpt and more. And what's on my plate for this holiday week? I'm hoping to jump into The Hunger Games and some other teen reads that have been hanging around on my TBR stack!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I've heard a lot of good schtuff about this book. Looking forward to reading it.
Listening to HUNGER GAMES now, it's awesome.