Quantcast

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top Ten Books in My Summer TBR.


Ooh, summer TBR. This is a tough one because there really are a TON of fabulous books due out this summer. (Just ask the lovely ladies over at Read Me Deadly, they've got a whole string of Summer Preview posts that have been truly detrimental to my bank account!)

1. Deadly Curiosities by Gail Z. Martin - this one is due out June 24 (I'll have a guest post with Gail June 25) and is Gail's first urban fantasy novel (she's previously written a bunch of shorts in this world). 

2. Season to Taste by Natalie Young - a wife who kills her husband and plans to cook him? Um, yeah. This book just sounds too darkly comic to miss. (Due out in July.)

3. Armada by Ernest Cline - I adored Ready Player One so I'm definitely looking forward to this newest from Cline as soon as it releases. (July 28)

4. In the Woods by Tana French - I will (will, will, will) get to this first in Tana French's Dublin Murder Squad series this summer without a doubt!

5. The Intruders by Michael Marshall Smith - this is the first of two books that are on my summer TBR because I want to read them before they hit the small screen! The adaptation of this one is airing on BBC America this summer. (Here's one of the teasers for you.)

6. Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James - and this is the second - this one will air on PBS's Masterpiece starting October 26 (here's a trailer for you!)

7. Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls series - I've had the trilogy for ages and now that there's a prequel due out I think it's time for me to tackle it. 

8. The Diviners by Libba Bray - because it's time to get to this one :)

9. The Archived by Victoria Schwab - see reason above!

10. Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire - as I write this, this title is staring at me from the top of a stack on my desk. And it's a ghost story. I'm not waiting too long to get to this one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see The Wolves of Mercy Falls series on the list! It's a great series, and the mythology behind the werewolves is really cool!

Anonymous said...

I read the first Mercy Falls books a couple years ago because my mom pestered me into it. I really enjoyed it a lot more than I though I would.

bibliophiliac said...

Tana French is so good! Perfect for summer reading. I'm glad you reminded me!

Ellie @ Ellie Reads All the Books said...

I plan on catching with the other Maggie Stiefvater series, The Raven Boys, this summer :) Happy reading :)

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed the Wolves of Mercy Falls series even though I've heard some not great reviews about it. Maybe I'm partial to it because it's set in my home state ;) I hope you enjoy it too!