1. The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker - a fabulous "literary" mystery (in quotes because it's literally a mystery based in the publishing world). Absolutely loved it!
2. Wolf by Mo Hayder - the dark and twisted seventh installment in one of my all time favorite series by one of my all time favorite authors.
3. The Quick by Lauren Owen - a Victorian gothic tale with vampires. And a debut at that!
4. Black Chalk by Christopher J. Yates - this one came with much anticipation so I was pretty relieved (and stoked) when it lived up to that.
5. Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke - this is one of those twisted books that really sticks with you. Months after finishing it I'm still sort of reeling over how great it was.
6. Fire by Sara B. Elfgren and Mats Strandberg - OMG! This is book two in the Engelsfors trilogy and I'm dying to read book three!
7. White Space by Ilsa J. Bick - I loved everything about this twisted mind bender of a read! It's out there, but it's a good out there.
8. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - probably (aside from Cinder) my favorite twist on a fairy tale so far in the trend.
9. Ex-Purgatory by Peter Clines - I love this series. It's superheroes vs zombies - what's not to love, right? This one turns the series upside down in so many fabulous ways.
10. No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale - I thought this book was pretty hilarious. It is very much in the vein of a teen Fargo (and yes, it's very dark).