Quantcast

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On!

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: sequels I can't wait for!


There are quite a few, I must admit. Here goes my top ten:

1. The Severed Streets by Paul Cornell - London Falling was completely excellent. There was a pretty cool reveal in the end and I'm just dying to continue the story. Right now it's set for an April release from Tor. 

2. The Scarlet Tides by David Hair - I only finished reading Mage's Blood last weekend and I honestly could have gone straight into book two after turning the final page. Everything is so up in the air for the characters that I NEED to know what's going to happen (not that this one will provide any sort of closure - there are to be four books total). Scarlet Tides is actually out in the UK. I'm not sure I can wait for the US edition! 

3. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs - really, if you've not read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children as of yet you are seriously missing out!

4. Red Horse by Alex Adams - I have no clue when this book will actually be out, but I adored White Horse

5. Wicked Little Secrets by Kara Taylor - Prep School Confidential was one of my favorite debuts of 2013. This follow up is due out in March and I expect it'll be just as fun as the first. 

6. I was going to stick strictly to sequels but I've got to go with multiples now - The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring by George R. R. Martin. Everyone who's read the series so far is dying for them!

7. Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones - number 5 was quite possibly my favorite in the series so far so of course I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

8. Wolf by Mo Hayder - book seven in the Jack Caffery series. Hayder is phenomenal and this series is a long time favorite of mine. 

9. The One by Kiera Cass - the third in the Selection series, 'cause I want to know who America and Maxon will pick!!!

10. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi - third in the Under the Never Sky trilogy. This is a cheat because I technically have the e arc to review. I haven't started it yet so I'm including it on the list. 

Honorable mention (and my way of going over 10):

Fortune's Blight by Evie Manieri - another epic fantasy series. This one started in 2012 with Blood's Pride and I thought it was phenomenal. 

Carlos Ruiz Zafon's fourth Cemetery of Forgotten Books installment. 

In the End by Demitria Lunetta - 'cause In the After was soooooo good!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read The One. It's my guilty pleasure series..

Unknown said...

I LOVE that creeptastic cover of Ransom Rigg's new one:) Great list!

Elizabeth said...

So...I've not even heard of half of these! Which is awesome (not that my TBR needs more books but still). And I ONLY JUST REALIZED that The Shadow of the Wind was the first in a series. WHAAAAAAAT?! So I'm really excited about getting to all of those too!

Somewhere Only We Know said...

I'm still reading A Feast for Crows. And it's slow going right now. Only about 300 pages in I guess. Also, I really enjoyed Into the Still Blue. A good ending to the series! Great choices!

TTT
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Unknown said...

I'm a little shocked at how many people have The One on their list! Yet again, it's a really amazing series so I shouldn't be that surprised.

Roxy @ Story Envy

TerriBruce said...

Like Roxanne, I'm surprised by how many people have The One on their lists this week. I'm equally surprised by how few people have GRRM on their list and now I'm like "duh!" should have included it on my list! :-) Great list - my TBR definitely just grew!

BookCupid said...

Hollow City! I hope it answer some question that still haunt me after reading Miss Peregrine's :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT.