Quantcast

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pre Pub Book Buzz: The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell

I get TBR recommendations all over the place and while some folks can't stand title comparisons, I actually don't mind them. As long as they're appropriate. Just a few days ago BN posted this list by Joel Cunningham of "8 Great Books for Fans of The Secret History."I know, I've not yet read The Secret History, but I've actually bought it twice. (I should get to reading that.)

Anyway, I checked out the list out of curiosity since I've got the book everyone loves already in my TBR. There are some great recommendations on this list, guys! I chose one of them as my Pre Pub Book Buzz title for today.

The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell is already out in the UK and will be released in the States in May. Here's the book synopsis from Goodreads:

Still grieving the death of her prematurely delivered infant, Lila finds a welcome distraction in renovating a country house she's recently inherited. Surrounded by blueprints and plaster dust, though, she finds herself drawn into the story of a group of idealistic university grads from thirty years before, who'd thrown off the shackles of bourgeois city life to claim the cottage and rely only on each other on the land. But utopia-building can be fraught with unexpected peril, and when the fate of the group is left eerily unclear, Lila turns her attention to untangling a web of secrets to uncover the shocking truth of what happened that fateful year, in order to come to terms with her own loss and build a new future for herself.

I think it sounds deliciously intriguing and I can't wait for it to come out! Richell does have one book available here in the States already. The House of the Tides (aka Secrets of the Tides) was released this past summer. For more on Richell check out her website here, like her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.

No comments: