Quantcast

Monday, April 19, 2010

Some cool news from world of books

According to PW, sales of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights have increased dramatically thanks to Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga. Personally, I am totally loving this! Anyone trash talking the fact that teens are eating it up as a result of Twilight, well, I just don't know what to say to you other than you suck.

Random House is offering free audiobooks to big city carpools. The offer is for specific carpools, but this is pretty darn cool! The program starts on Earth Day and Boulder/Denver carshares are participating -- too bad I work from home : ) Here's a link for more info.

Rumor has it that Laura Lippman's Tess Monaghan may be making the jump to TV.

Speaking of adaptations, if you haven't heard the news, Stephanie Plum is coming to the big screen! Katherine Heigl is said to have won the role. I saw a trailer for her new movie Killers and I have to say the character seems like a test run for Plum.

Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy is set for American big screen adaptation, but if you were like me and really wanted to see the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo that just came out in limited release, it's due out on dvd on July 6 (day before my b-day!).

Have you seen Kick-Ass yet? You should. It's pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

And because I feel like it, some upcoming zombie book fun:

Feed by Mira Grant -- due out 4/27 (just finished it this weekend and it's FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC, folks!)
Play Dead by Ryan Brown -- due out 5/4 -- this one got a great review in PW
Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen -- due out 9/1 -- and another joins the Orbit ranks. No doubt this will be as great as I expect it to be.
Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry -- due out in October -- YA zombie fun!

That's all I've got right now. I'm beat. Remember to sign up to win a copy of Tom Rob Smith's The Secret Speech. I'll be drawing two names on Sunday, April 25 (got the date right that time). Details here. More contests to come soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved Kick-Ass! But not too happy about katherine heigl. Think they could've found someone much better.