Quantcast

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Challenge

I've seen other bloggers' various challenges throughout the blogosphere and have never actually signed up for one myself. I think this might be an issue with finishing things... I dunno. I'm pretty good about setting a reading schedule for myself with reviews and maybe it's fitting challenges in on top of that. Maybe I should set up my own challenge. It's a thought.

Anyway, a handful of the authors I've been reading lately are all members of the League of Reluctant Adults, a fantastic crew of urban fantasy and paranormal authors who've teamed up for a really funny blog that's also a great place to find new author recs (or new to you author recs). Of the list of participants (and I hear there's to be a new one announced shortly), I've already read eight of the of the twenty authors. So when I saw the League post to Literary Escapism's New Author Mini-Challenge: The League, well I figured I should take part. And, as the icing on the cake, The League are offering prizes!

So, here are the rules:

If you haven’t tried anything in the UF/PNR genre yet, then now is definitely the time to do it. Here are the pertinent details for the challenge:

  1. You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
  2. The Challenge will run from February 1st through the 28th. All reviews must have a February 2010 date.
  3. The goal is to read up to 5 different authors from the above list. There are 20 different authors, so finding five shouldn’t be too hard.
  4. The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all 20 of them, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel. Try something new. Not only is this an excuse to try a certain group of authors, but it’s also a great chance to help promote them.
And here's the link to Literary Escapism's post where you can officially sign up for the min-challenge and/or the New Authors Challenge.

For the mini-challenge, which starts today, the new-to-me authors I'll be reading are:

Caitlin Kittredge (Street Magic)
Molly Harper (Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs)
Diana Rowland (Mark of the Demon)
Richelle Mead (Succubus Blues)
Kat Richardson (Greywalker)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good luck on the challenge. I will have to check it out.

Vickie said...

YAY! I've read three of your choice authors. I still haven't made up my mind which five or more I will read from the list. I've read quite a few of the Leaguers and I want to try new ones.