Quantcast

Monday, November 24, 2008

A music post

I just unburied myself from beneath a humongous pile of work. This is not to say that I am done with said work, just that I have now gotten it in a manageable pile. Ugh.

Anyway. I did see Twilight on Friday and love, love, loved it. My sisters have yet to see it so I don't have anyone to talk to about it, but I thought it was great. I have it on good authority that Stephenie Meyer's favorite band is Muse. Now, I love Muse. I discovered them when their album Absolution came out in 2004 and loved the song 'Time is Running Out." In fact, I'm not a big drinker and we all used to hang out at this bar on Sunday nights because a friend of ours was working there. I'd bring a roll of quarters (big dork that I am) and put half of it in the juke box and play pool with the rest. Muse was one of my bar bands. 

The link to Twilight, well, I did notice that they slipped in "Super Massive Black Hole" during the baseball scene. Yay! So, if you want to listen to Stephenie Meyer's fave band (you'll see them frequently on her playlists for the books) pick up some Muse. They've certainly been making my morning a bit easier!

I will also say this, Danny Boyle must be a huge fan of Muse as well because their music is usually in his movies as well and I love it! 

So, a short post, and a break from my norm, but I thought I would share my mutual Muse addiction (mutual as in shared with Meyer) with you guys as well. I have passed along the cds to the junior junkies as well so they were already turned onto them. 

I've been pretty unenthused about much of the stuff coming out of the music industry of late, but I am completely and wholly addicted to Muse. The image above, if you were curious, is from their latest, Black Holes and Revelations which features the song "Knights of Cydonia," which Guitar Hero fans will recognize as being the song that's seemingly impossible to play even on easy!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear you loved the movie Twlight.

Don't know if I will go see it as I didn't really get into the books.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Muse is awesome. I just started listening to Christmas music today. I love it!