Quantcast

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Computer Woes


Overall, I have to say that I love my computer. I just don't love other peoples' computers or their reliance on them or their tendency to screw things up. Or my tendency to screw them (computers) up. Anyway, I just realized that I hadn't received some stuff that I ordered and it wasn't even showing that I ordered it in the first place. I know I did. I specifically remember ordering. I do not recall (and I think I would) placing something on the wish list rather than ordering. In fact, I recall quite clearly submitting and confirming the order and mailing address. 

Hm.

Anyway, I tried again. We'll see what happens. 

Other headaches (literal and otherwise) to deal with now and it is freezing cold out. Still trying to squeeze in some 2008 releases for consideration for my best of list, but I also have regular review books to read. Anyway. For my amusement, I cracked open my recently received copy of Nina Haper's Sucubus Takes Manhattan

Harper debuted back in March with the first in this series, Succubus in the City. It's a hilarious urban fantasy series about, Lily, a succubus in the service of Satan. Here's my review from the Bookbitch archives:

Lily and her friends are some of satan’s top minions. Lily lures men through lust and delivers them straight to hell, after sleeping with them of course. Her life has left her longing for true love, though, and she may just have found it in sexy PI Nathan Coleman. Problem is, her cover may be about to be blown. A group of serious religious fundamentalists seems to be gaining some inside information about the ladies and their occupations. Their goal is to eliminate the women by any means. The ladies are tasked to discover the demon mole who’s been doling out clues to the mortals, and deliver him straight to satan herself. Harper’s debut has the perfect blend of romance, mystery, and paranormal elements, making it a fun and light addition to the urban fantasy genre. It’s a hip first installment to another original new series.

And Succubus Takes Manhattan picks up right where In the City leaves off. I won't spoil it for you, because you really should check out the series yourself. It's perfect if you're looking for some fun, light reading. I can tell you that right now, that's exactly what I need!

Succubus in the City is available right now and Succubus Takes Manhattan is set for release next Tuesday. 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I will have to check this series out.