Quantcast

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Pre Pub Book Buzz: Ararat by Christopher Golden

How in the world are we already in November, folks? I don't know where this year has gone! And now I'm looking towards 2017 releases for my TBR, yeesh.

I've had my eye on Christopher Golden's upcoming Ararat for quite some time now. It doesn't come out until April, but holy crap does it sound amazing!

Here's a bit about the book from Goodreads:

When a newly engaged couple climbs Mount Ararat in Turkey, an avalanche forces them to seek shelter inside a massive cave uncovered by the snow fall. The cave is actually an ancient, buried ship that many quickly come to believe is really Noah’s Ark. When a team of scholars, archaeologists, and filmmakers make it inside the ark for the first time, they discover an elaborate coffin in its recesses. The artifact tempts their professional curiosity; so they break it open. Inside, they find an ugly, misshapen cadaver—not the holy man that they expected, a hideous creature with horns. A massive blizzard blows in, trapping them in that cave thousands of meters up the side of a remote mountain…but they are not alone.

See!

So yeah, it's Christopher Golden PLUS they're comparing Ararat to Dan Simmons's The Terror, which you may recall is one of my favorites. Here's hoping that by the time this one comes out in April that we're well beyond any power outage worthy snow storms! I'm all for mood reading, but I'd be happy not to repeat my frigid Terror reading experience. 

No comments: