Quantcast

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pre Pub Book Buzz: The Fever by Megan Abbott

I came across this week's pre pub book buzz pick trolling the "people who liked this also liked" recommendations online. It's a nice little connect the dots I use to add to my must have list (as if it isn't overflowing already) starting with books I really enjoy and following the lists down the rabbit hole!

Megan Abbott scares me, guys. She really does. I like dark, but Abbott manages to go to places that are skin crawling! Her upcoming release, The Fever, sounds all kinds of brilliant especially when I imagine what she can do with it.

Here's a bit about the book from Goodreads:

The Nash family is close-knit. Tom is a popular teacher, father of two teens: Eli, a hocky star and girl magnet, and his sister Deenie, a diligent student. Their seeming stability, however, is thrown into chaos when Deenie's best friend is struck by a terrifying, unexplained seizure in class. Rumors of a hazardous outbreak spread through the family, school and community.

As hysteria and contagion swell, a series of tightly held secrets emerges, threatening to unravel friendships, families and the town's fragile idea of security.

The Fever is due out June 17 from Little, Brown and Company.

No comments: