Quantcast

Friday, October 11, 2013

Oddities and Entities by Roland Allnach

Morning, readers! Today I'm a stop on the TLC book tour for Roland Allnach's Oddities and Entities.

More creepy short story reads for this so far colder than I'd like October! The collection kicks off with a tale called "Boneview," which is probably the most chilling story in the book. In this tale, a young girl possesses a strange ability and an odd friend she calls the Curmudgeon. Then we move on to "Shift/Change" in which a new morgue employee turns out to be something unexpected. Next is "My Other Me," kind of a play on multiple personalities. In "Gray" one man learns that odd product warnings are sometimes very important. "Elmer Phelps" is Allnach's own version of a vampire tale. Finally, in "Appendage" a man is hired for a job he should never have taken. 

Each of the stories in this collection is creepy and completely odd - "Gray" probably more so than the rest! They're all pretty excellent though. Everyone seems to agree that "Boneview" is the true stand out and I won't argue (it's definitely my favorite) but overall this is a really worthwhile set of shorts. Fans of quirky horror should definitely give it a try and I'm sure they'll be with me in hoping to see more from Allnach very soon indeed.

To see more stops on the tour, check out the official TLC tour page here.

For more on Roland Allnach and his work, you can visit his website here. You can also check out his blog, Out of the Horizon, friend him on Facebook, and become a fan on Goodreads.


3 comments:

Roland Allnach said...

Thank you, Becky, for your great review of 'Oddities & Entities'! My aim with this book was to give readers something different, which was what drove me to pursue the stories in the book and to assemble it as an anthology. As far as future projects are concerned, I have another anthology, 'Prism' coming out in 2014, which will combine some published short fiction and some new fiction, crossing over many genres. I'm also putting together another set of oddball ideas for a second volume of 'Oddities & Entities'. In the meantime, happy reading!
Roland Allnach
fiction@rolandallnach.com

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm not sure I've ever heard of "quirky horror" but it does sound intriguing.

Thanks for being on the tour! kettili 4

Roland Allnach said...

For those who want to read a little more about 'Oddities & Entities', I will be posting to my blog (http://www.rafictionzone.blogspot.com/) essays from my website regarding what went into creating each story in the book.
Happy reading,
Roland Allnach
fiction@rolandallnach.com