Quantcast

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pre Pub Book Buzz: Dangerous Women edited by George R. R. Martin & Gardner Dozois

Agh! Since I'm a huge fan of anthologies in general and I've gone all nerd girl for George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, I've been anxiously awaiting the new anthology he and Gardner Dozois have helmed.

This week, Tor has started offering up excerpts from the tales to be included. I'm trying to avoid the temptation. I know it'll only make waiting until December 3 for the actual book that much harder. Doesn't mean I'm not doing some heavy reading of most of the authors included though (my eye's on your series next, Diana Gabaldon!).

Here's the complete story list from Tor:

“Some Desperado” by Joe Abercrombie - A First Law story
“My Heart is Either Broken” by Megan Abbott
“Nora’s Song” by Cecelia Holland
“The Hands That Are Not There” by Melinda Snodgrass
“Bombshells” by Jim Butcher - A Harry Dresden story
“Raisa Stepanova” by Carrie Vaughn
“Wrestling Jesus” by Joe R. Lansdale
“Neighbors” by Megan Lindholm
“I Know How to Pick ’Em” by Lawrence Block
“Shadows For Silence in the Forests of Hell” by Brandon Sanderson - A story from Sanderson’s cosmere
“A Queen in Exile” by Sharon Kay Penman
“The Girl in the Mirror” by Lev Grossman - A Magicians story
“Second Arabesque, Very Slowly” by Nancy Kress
“City Lazarus” by Diana Rowland
“Virgins” by Diana Gabaldon - An Outlander story
“Hell Hath No Fury” by Sherilynn Kenyon
“Pronouncing Doom” by S.M. Stirling - An Emberverse story
“Name the Beast” by Sam Sykes
“Caretakers” by Pat Cadigan
“Lies My Mother Told Me” by Caroline Spector - A Wild Cards story
“The Princess and the Queen” by George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire story

Here's the link to Tor's growing list of excerpts as well. 

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Greg said...

I'm looking forward to this mainly for the new GRRM story (we gotta get our fix somewhere), but I expect there will be some other goodies in here as well. Thanks for spotlighting it! New follower BTW.

Becky LeJeune said...

I know, right?! I've actually just started DANCE WITH DRAGONS. I'd been holding out since Christmas and finally have a good amount of reading time to devote to it this week. I'm going to go into major withdrawal when I finish! I have two Dunk and Egg tales left before DANGEROUS WOMEN is due out. I also have some other fantasy stuff waiting in the wings to try and appease the GRRM craving for a while!

Thanks for stopping by, Greg!

Christina said...

Ooooh, I love this title. WANT.