Quantcast

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Slew of Zombie Reads for Halloween

It's a zombie-tastic Halloween season this year! Whoa! Thought I'd put together a list of some of the recommended zombie reading for you guys.

First, if you didn't know, AMC's new show, The Walking Dead, premieres on Halloween.

Two oldies but goodies I have on my TBR stack for this month are: World War Z by Max Brooks and Breathers by S.G. Browne, both currently being adapted into film.

Some newbies in my TBR: Pariah by Bob Fingerman, Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and John Dies at the End by David Wong.

On my wishlist: Dust by Joan Frances Turner and Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

And recently read: Autumn by David Moody and Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen (sequel, Flip This Zombie, due out in Jan), and of course, Carrie Ryan's fantastic Forest of Hands and Teeth and Dead Tossed Waves.

And just for fun: Mark Henry's trash-mouthed fashionista zombie heroine, Amanda Feral, always makes for fun reading and the recently released Hungry For Your Love: An Anthology of Zombie Romance looks like a blast!

Not enough walking dead for you. Guess what?! Permuted Press is a publisher devoted to apocalyptic horror (and that means lots of zombies!).

Anywho, I'm working on getting my zombie fix this month. Hope this helps you guys out as well. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton here, so if you've got a rec to add, feel free!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great list! I've read everything on it except John Dies at the End and Rot & Ruin (although that one is on my shelf waiting)
Just finished The Walking Dead graphic novel so I'm looking foraward to the series!

Becky LeJeune said...

Excellent, Karen! I just read that John Dies at the End is being adapted into a movie. No word on a release on that, though.

What did you think of Pariah?