Quantcast

Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorites of 2012

I put together a top ten list for Bookbitch.com but I'm clocking in at over 160 books read in 2012 so narrowing it that much was a pretty difficult, even limiting it strictly to titles released this year. So my top ten ended up being a narrowed by category list (limiting the number of titles in a genre to give it a good spread). But I still wanted to share my extended list of 2012 faves for you guys!

So here it is, simply ordered as I read them:

The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
The Whisperer by Donato Carrisi
Pure by Julianna Baggott
The Man From Primrose Lane by James Renner
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Starters by Lissa Price
Spin by Catherine McKenzie
White Horse by Alex Adams
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Hayes
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Broken Ones by Stephen M. Irwin
A Book of Horrors ed by Stephen Jones
Velveteen by Danny Marks
Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie
The Hollow Man by Oliver Harris
The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

2013 promises great things with new titles from Stephen King and Joe Hill, seconds in multiple series whose openers made the above list and much, much more. Here's to another great year of even more great reads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I have several of your top reads in my TBR stack, but I haven't read any of them yet. Here's to a 2013 with lots of great books!

Happy New Year!

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Great list! We have three titles in common!