Quantcast

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pre-Pub Book Buzz: V Is For Vengeance by Sue Grafton

Sweet! It's time for another Kinsey Millhone installment and I'm diving into the ARC as we speak. Happy dance! Happy Dance!

I started reading this series when I was a senior in high school, over a decade after Sue Grafton started writing the series to begin with. I'd start one at night and stay up until about 2 or 3 to finish and then bring it back and borrow the next in the series and do the same thing. That was back when I could function on just a few hours' sleep and still go to school, make decent grades, and work a part time job. Yeah.

I'm a bit addicted to these books. I love Kinsey. I love the 80's timewarp. I love Grafton's plotting.

If you haven't read them, you should start form the beginning, but it's actually not really necessary. I can't promise that you can jump in at any point without any confusion, but I can't think of any that are heavily reliant on the backstory in order to enjoy them.

So without further ado, I give you V Is For Vengeance (from Grafton's website):

A spiderweb of dangerous relationships lies at the heart of V is for Vengeance, Sue Grafton's daring new Kinsey Millhone novel.

A woman with a murky past who kills herself—or was it murder? A spoiled kid awash in gambling debt who thinks he can beat the system. A lovely woman whose life is about to splinter into a thousand fragments. A private detective, Kinsey Millhone, whose thirty-eighth-birthday gift is a punch in the face that leaves her with two black eyes and a busted nose.

And an elegant and powerful businessman whose dealings are definitely outside the law: the magus at the center of the web.

V hits shelves November 14.

No comments: