Quantcast

Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Sunday! The New Release Blog.

New releases hitting shelves on Tuesday include:

Boneyard by Michelle Gagnon - follow-up to last year's The Tunnels. FBI agent Kelly Jones is assigned to head up a task force dealing with a mass grave. 
Tower Hill by Sarah Pinborough - newest horror novel from Brit author Pinborough is one of the best I've read recently. 
Hidden by Eve Kenin - sequel to her first Shomi title, Driven.
We All Fall Down by Simon Wood
Chasing Darkness by Robert Crais - the return of Elvis Cole
Dark Matter by Cameron Cruise
The Patriot by Brad Thor

New on DVD:

Vantage Point

So, as usual I was way too ambitious in my reading plans for my week off. I did manage to read Michelle Gagnon's and Sarah Pinborough's books - the reviews will be up next week. My only review up on Bookbitch.com this week is for Raffi Yessayan's Eight in the Box. But hey, vacations are for relaxing! I spent lots of time with the junior junkies and the family, I got to have dinner with my best friend, and I got to go swimming! Now it's back to normal life and time to get to work on FL. Any ideas on how I can get them to participate better? (Kidding) I'm working a bit today, but will be back in it wholeheartedly tomorrow. 

For tonight, I'm cooking shrimp & grits, watching Iron Chef and The Next Food Network Star, and reading Madeleine Wickham's Sleeping Arrangements

I'm also happy to report that I am back on track with my reviews now that all the traveling is done. Next weekend you can expect the titles from above (Gagnon, Pinborough, and Wickham) as well as Iris Johansen's collaboration with son Roy, Silent Thunder

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. I am really looking forward to Michelle Gagnon's latest. Oh and tell FL people it will be good anti-hurricane season PR! :)

Cheryl said...

I have BoneYard on my wish list.

Yes, Welcome back

Anonymous said...

I'm on pins and needles, Becky, can't wait to read your review!!!